Philadelphia eagles QB Nick Foles, starting in place of injured QB Carson Wentz, led the eagles to victory over the New England Patriots 41-33 in Super Bowl LII in February 2018.
|Philadelphia Eagles — No. 9|
|Date of Birth: January 20 1989|
| Place of Birth: Austin, Texas, U.S.
|National Football League debut|
|2012 for the Philadelphia Eagles|
|Career Highlights and Awards|
|NFL Draft: 2012 / Round: 3 / Pick: 88|
|Career stats to date|
|Pass Comp-Att (%)||1,386|
|Stats at NFL.com|
Nicholas Edward "Nick" Foles (born January 20, 1989) is an American football quarterback for the Philadelphia Eagles of the National Football League. He has also played for the St. Louis Rams and Kansas City Chiefs.
Foles played his first game with the Eagles in Week 10 of the 2012 season after Michael Vick left with an injury. Foles then made his first start the following week. In Week 9 of the 2013 season, he became the second quarterback to post a perfect passer rating (158.3) while passing for more than 400 yards, and also the first quarterback in NFL history to post a perfect passer rating and throw seven touchdowns in a single game. It was the 60th time in NFL history that a perfect passer rating was achieved overall.
After stints with the Rams and the Chiefs, Foles returned to the Eagles in 2017. After Carson Wentz was injured late in the regular season, Foles led the Eagles to the franchise's third Super Bowl appearance. The Eagles defeated the New England Patriots in Super Bowl LII for their first Super Bowl title, and Foles was named the game's MVP.
- Regular season
|†||Denotes seasons in which Foles won a Super Bowl|
|Led the league|
Career awards and highlightsEdit
- Super Bowl champion (LII)
- Super Bowl MVP (LII)
- Pro Bowl selection (2013)
- Pro Bowl Offensive MVP (2013)
- NFL record postseason passer rating (minimum 125 attempts): 113.2
- NFL record highest completion percentage in a single postseason: 72.6 (2018)
- NFL record postseason completion percentage in a single game: 76.7 (2018 vs Atlanta Falcons)
- NFL Passer rating leader (2013)
- NFL record 7 touchdown passes in a game (tied)
- NFL record highest completion percentage in a game with 7 TD passes: 78.57 (2013)
- NFL record most passing touchdowns (7) with a perfect passer rating (158.3) in a game (2013)
- NFL record best touchdown pass–interception differential in a single game: 7 TDs, 0 INTs (2013) (tied)
- Highest career passer rating in Eagles franchise history: 92.9
Foles is a Christian. Foles is currently an online graduate student at Liberty University, earning his master's degree in divinity. Foles has planned to become a pastor after his football career, saying, "I want to be a pastor [...] I took a leap of faith last year and signed up to take classes at seminary. I wanted to continue to learn and challenge my faith. It's a challenge because you are writing papers that are biblically correct."
The couple have a daughter, Lily James, born in 2017.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Nick Foles Stats. Pro-Football-Reference. Sports-Reference. Retrieved on January 1, 2018.
- ↑ Cite error: Invalid
<ref>tag; no text was provided for refs named
- ↑ https://clutchpoints.com/eagles-news-nick-foles-holds-highest-playoff-career-quarterback-rating/
- ↑ NFL Player Passing Statistics - 2013. ESPN.com.
- ↑ https://247sports.com/nfl/philadelphia-eagles/Article/More-record-stats-behind-Nick-Foles-historic-postseason-119601330/
- ↑ Press Conference: Nick Foles (November 7, 2013).
- ↑ "It’s Super Bowl time for Liberty University student Nick Foles", Liberty.edu. (en-US)
- ↑ FOX. "Nick Foles plans to become a pastor after football career", WTXF. (en-US)
- ↑ "Eagles QB Nick Foles marries longtime girlfriend, Tori Moore", NJ.com. (en-US)
- ↑ Nick Foles' 7-Month-Old Daughter Stole the Show at Super Bowl. People Magazine. Retrieved on 5 February 2018.
- ↑ "NFL Cribs: Where Do the Highest-Flying Philadelphia Eagles Choose to Nest?". Retrieved on 22 May 2018.