|2014 New Orleans Saints season|
|Head Coach||Sean Payton|
|General Manager||Mickey Loomis|
|Home Field||Mercedes-Benz Superdome|
|Previous Season||Next Season|
The 2014 New Orleans Saints season will be the franchise's upcoming 48th season in the National Football League, the 39th to host games at the Mercedes-Benz Superdome and the eighth season under head coach Sean Payton.
In March 2014, the Saints announced an agreement with The Greenbrier resort to hold the team's training camp at the hotel, in White Sulphur Springs, West Virginia, for three years beginning with 2014. The hotel has committed to build three football fields and other facilities for the Saints, at an estimated cost of $20–25 million, adjacent to its sports medicine facilities. The project will be partially subsidized by tax breaks recently approved by the state legislature. The relationship between the hotel and the Saints reportedly grew out of a visit by Saints head coach Sean Payton to the 2013 Greenbrier Classic golf tournament to play in its pro-am competition and then to serve as caddy for his friend, PGA Tour golfer Ryan Palmer.
2014 draft class[edit | edit source]
- Main article: 2014 NFL Draft
|1||20||Brandin Cooks||Wide receiver||Oregon State|
|4||126||Khairi Fortt||Inside linebacker||California|
|5||169||Ronald Powell||Outside linebacker||Florida|
|6||202||Tavon Rooks||Offensive tackle||Kansas State|
- The Saints traded their first- and third-round selections (No.27 and 91 overall) to the Arizona Cardinals in exchange for Arizona's first-round selection (No. 20 overall).
- The Saints acquired an additional fifth-round selection (No. 169 overall) in a trade that sent running back Darren Sproles to the Philadelphia Eagles.
- The Saints traded their seventh-round selection (No. 242 overall) to the San Francisco 49ers in exchange for linebacker Parys Haralson.
Schedule[edit | edit source]
Preseason[edit | edit source]
The Saints' preseason opponents were announced on April 9, 2014.
|1||August 8||at St. Louis||W||26–24||1–0||Edward Jones Dome||Recap|
|3||August 23||at Indianapolis||W||23–17||3–0||Lucas Oil Stadium||Recap|
Regular season[edit | edit source]
The Saints regular season schedule was announced on April 23, 2014.
|1||September 7||at Atlanta||L||34-37 (OT)||0–1||Georgia Dome||Recap|
|2||September 14||at Cleveland||L||24-26||0–2||FirstEnergy Stadium||Recap|
|4||September 28||at Dallas||AT&T Stadium|
|5||October 5||Tampa Bay||Superdome|
|7||October 19||at Detroit||Ford Field|
|8||October 26||Green Bay||Superdome|
|9||October 30||at Carolina||Bank of America St.|
|10||November 9||San Francisco||Superdome|
|13||November 30||at Pittsburgh||Heinz Field|
|15||December 15||at Chicago||Soldier Field|
|17||December 28||at Tampa Bay||Raymond James St.|
- Intra-division opponents are in bold text.
- Networks and times for Sunday games from Weeks 5–17 are subject to change as a result of flexible scheduling.
Game summaries[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- Kate White & David Gutman, "NFL's Saints to train at The Greenbrier: Resort constructing 3 fields, facilities for Super Bowl XLIV champs", The Charleston Gazette, March 13, 2014.
- Rosenthal, Gregg (April 23, 2014). 2014 NFL Schedule: Flex games can now start in Week 5. NFL.com. Retrieved on April 23, 2014.