|2013 Pro Bowl|
(Green Bay Packers)
|Date||January 27, 2013|
|MVP|| TE Kyle Rudolph,|
The 2013 Pro Bowl is the NFL's sixty-third annual all-star game which featured players from the 2012 season. It took place at 2:30 pm Hawaii–Aleutian Time (UTC−10:00; 7:30 pm Eastern Time) on Sunday, January 27, 2013 at the Aloha Stadium in Honolulu, Hawaii. The game was televised nationally by NBC in place of CBS. The game was delayed for 30 minutes due to flash flood warnings.
John Fox of the AFC West Denver Broncos led the AFC "home team" against a "visiting" NFC team that was coached by the Green Bay Packers head coach Mike McCarthy of the NFC North. These coaches were selected for coaching the highest seeded team to not qualify for their respective Conference Championship Games, which has been the convention since the 2009 Pro Bowl. Ed Hochuli will be the game referee.
Players on the winning team will each earn $65,000, while players on the losing team will earn $40,000.
The Houston Texans and San Francisco 49ers had the most Pro Bowl selections with nine (the 49ers' and Baltimore Ravens' selections, participating in Super Bowl XLVII, will not appear at the Pro Bowl). The Kansas City Chiefs, despite only winning two games, had six selections. Six teams, the Carolina Panthers, Philadelphia Eagles, St. Louis Rams, Tennessee Titans, Jacksonville Jaguars, and San Diego Chargers, had no selections. The three rookie quarterbacks (Andrew Luck, Robert Griffin III, and Russell Wilson) selected are the most in Pro Bowl history.
|Quarterback||Peyton Manning (Denver Broncos)||Tom Brady (New England Patriots)|
Matt Schaub (Houston Texans
Andrew Luck (Indianapolis Colts)
|Running back||Arian Foster (Houston Texans||Jamaal Charles (Kansas City Chiefs)|
Ray Rice (Baltimore Ravens)
- ↑ "NFL to consider Pro Bowl future", ESPN.com, Associated Press, January 22, 2013. Retrieved on January 22, 2013.
- ↑ http://www.nfl.com/probowl/story/0ap1000000131460/article/pro-bowl-delayed-30-minutes-due-to-weather-conditions
- ↑ Veteran Referee Ed Hochuli to Work in the Pro Bowl. Football Nation.com (January 23, 2013). Retrieved on January 24, 2013.
- ↑ http://web.archive.org/web/20130412114113/http://www.thenewstribune.com/2013/01/23/2445873/wilson-just-the-guy-to-liven-up.html
- ↑ Mind-blowing stats for the 2013 Pro Bowl. National Football League (January 24, 2013). Retrieved on January 24, 2013.