2008 Duke Blue Devils
Head Coach: David Cutcliffe (1st season)
Stadium: Wallace Wade Stadium, Durham, NC
Record: 4-8 (1-7 ACC)
|10/4||at Georgia Tech||L||0-27||3-2 (1-1)|
|10/18||Miami (FL)||L||31-49||3-3 (1-2)|
|10/25||at Vanderbilt||W||10-7||4-3 (1-2)|
|11/1||at Wake Forest||L||30-33 (OT)||4-4 (1-3)|
|11/8||at North Carolina State||L||17-27||4-5 (1-4)|
|11/15||at Clemson||L||7-31||4-6 (1-5)|
|11/22||at Virginia Tech||L||3-14||4-7 (1-6)|
|11/22||at North Carolina||L||20-28||4-8 (1-7)|
- Duke's four wins equaled the team’s win total from the previous four seasons combined
- According to the Sagarin rankings, Duke faced the second toughest schedule in the country
- Of the 11 NCAA Football Bowl Subdivision teams the Blue Devils played against, 10 became bowl-eligible (Virginia fell just short at 5-7). The 12th team, James Madison, went 12-1 in the Championship Subdivision.
- Duke place-kickers went 13-for-18 in field goal attempts, a 72.2 percent clip that was a team's best since 1998
- Punter Kevin Jones ranked third in the ACC with a 40.8-yard average per kick
- For the first time in history, attendance was over 30,000 for four home games
- Duke has finished last or tied for last in the ACC for five consecutive seasons and six out of the last seven.
Scores by quarterEdit
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.