2008 Duke Blue Devils
Head Coach: David Cutcliffe (1st season)
Stadium: Wallace Wade Stadium, Durham, NC
Record: 4-8 (1-7 ACC)
|10/4||at Georgia Tech||L||0-27||3-2 (1-1)|
|10/18||Miami (FL)||L||31-49||3-3 (1-2)|
|10/25||at Vanderbilt||W||10-7||4-3 (1-2)|
|11/1||at Wake Forest||L||30-33 (OT)||4-4 (1-3)|
|11/8||at North Carolina State||L||17-27||4-5 (1-4)|
|11/15||at Clemson||L||7-31||4-6 (1-5)|
|11/22||at Virginia Tech||L||3-14||4-7 (1-6)|
|11/22||at North Carolina||L||20-28||4-8 (1-7)|
- Duke's four wins equaled the team’s win total from the previous four seasons combined
- According to the Sagarin rankings, Duke faced the second toughest schedule in the country
- Of the 11 NCAA Football Bowl Subdivision teams the Blue Devils played against, 10 became bowl-eligible (Virginia fell just short at 5-7). The 12th team, James Madison, went 12-1 in the Championship Subdivision.
- Duke place-kickers went 13-for-18 in field goal attempts, a 72.2 percent clip that was a team's best since 1998
- Punter Kevin Jones ranked third in the ACC with a 40.8-yard average per kick
- For the first time in history, attendance was over 30,000 for four home games
- Duke has finished last or tied for last in the ACC for five consecutive seasons and six out of the last seven.
Scores by quarterEdit
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.